Unfortunately this is NOT shiitake fruit..not sure what it is or if it is edible.
- Where it all started:
- Around the house
- Pods, Berries, Paths and Autumn Leaves
- Trails through the woods 2010
- Food Forest Gardens
- Pond Improvements 2010
- Ecologically Sustainable Development or Permacultu...
- Hugelkultur Beds
- More Pond updates (second page)
- List of Plants growing at Restful Trails food Fore...
Sunday, December 30, 2012
fruiting on my shiitake log in Decemnber (Mich)???
I went for a walk in my food forests this weekend, and I found fruit on one of my shiitake logs yesterday. Went out and snapped some photos today. The fruit IS coming out around the shiitake dowels I put in the log in the spring, but it isn't shiitake..probably some stupid foreigner got ahold..hope the shiitake is still growing in there..but this is only one of several logs and others show no growth yet.